Do you know the Does Nike Make Steel Toe Shoes? There have been tons of speculation and rumors about Nike steel toe shoes but we would like you to understand that Nike doesn’t produce steel toe shoes. The answer is really very simple: People love and like the comfort of Nike shoes, but also need the protection of a steel toe shoe.
Steel toe shoes are a durable quiet boot or shoe with protective reinforcement within the toe area to guard the foot against injuries caused by falling objects or compression. Such shoes mostly accompany a mid sole plate for added protection from puncturing by sharp objects from below.
Nike steel toe shoes are commonly referred to by other names like safety boots, steel-capped shoes, or safety shoes. Though called “steel-toe”, the reinforcement is usually made from a composite material including, plastic e.g. thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) and Aluminum.
These shoes can protect you from impact, penetration from below, electric shock, oil/water spills and chemical hazards.
The popularity of those shoes are often attributed to three major facts:
1) They’re required by law in many industries especially construction, civil works, manufacturing plants and electrical installations.
2) Consumers/wearers are now conscious of the necessity to guard their own feet and are willing to require proactive steps to guard themselves.
3) People want to seem good and athletic while wearing Nike steel-toe shoes hence the demand for “fashionable-looking” safety shoes. It’s now common to ascertain them in many style options including sneakers and clogs.
The Search for Nike Steel Toe Shoes
When the founding partners of Nike began to plug their products, they took a special approach from the norm. Their angle was aimed toward making athletes inspirational beyond just sports.
This they achieved by actively seeking out top-performing athletes who would go on to set world records and win championships while wearing Nike’s. The brand quickly became related to success and inspiration.
Nike Tactical Boots: Does Nike Make Steel Toe Shoes
With spokespersons like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Mia Hamm representing their shoes, there’s little question that Nike produces a number of the foremost internationally recognized athletic shoes. However, those aren’t the sole sorts of shoes Nike makes.
Tactical boots have reinforced toes that help to protect your feet from injury. While this reinforcement isn’t as strong as steel, many users find them comfortable, durable and price the investment. Let us take a look at some of Nike’s tactical boots currently on the market.
1. Nike Air Max Goadome Boot
The Nike Air Max Goadome Boot is fully waterproof, making it great for any sort of weather. Made from leather and rubber, this boot keeps moisture out and your feet well protected.
Nike’s Air-Sole cushioning helps to form these among the brand’s most comfortable boots. The Nike Air Max Goadome boot also features lugged tread, which increases its durability and traction.
1. The Air-Sole cushioning help make this boot ideal for those who are on their feet all day
2. As a waterproof boot, the Nike Air Max Goadome is ideal for all kinds of environments, including wet and humid areas
1. The rubber soul is bonded to the leather; some customers have claimed this bonding comes apart sooner than anticipated after continuous wear
2. Nike SF Air Force 1 High Boot
Military-inspired, the Nike SF Air Force 1 High Boot offers durability without sacrificing mobility and elegance. In fact, the included rope laces, lace loops, and metal lace locks leave total personalization.
They also provide a dynamic closure system that keeps your foot securely in your shoe regardless of how you opt to lace them. Premium leather overlays help increase the boot’s durability and protective layers.
1. The dynamic lace system means you can customize your boot’s look without sacrificing stability
1. Pivot points integrated throughout the boot mean they remain flexible despite their rugged durability
1. As with the Air Max Goadome boots, users have complained about poor bonding between the rubber sole and the boot itself
3. Nike SFB Gen 2 Boot
Nike designed this boot with speed and adaptability in mind. The SFB Gen 2 may be a lightweight tactical boot for rough terrain. It features Nike’s patented aggressive tread pattern to make sure the simplest traction on any surface.
An added internal rock shield helps to stop the boot from being punctured and keeps your toes a touch safer. An added reinforced heel strike zone and rubber outsole increase your traction and supply even more protection for your whole foot.
1. The water resistant Gore-Tex lining keeps your feet dry in most conditions
2. These boots are lightweight but offer serious protection
3. The Nike SFB Gen 2 is DA PAM 670-1 compliant, which means our brothers and sisters in the United States Army are permitted to wear these boots while in uniform
4. With an 8-inch collar height, these boots wrap snuggly around your ankle and calf to ensure they protect more than just your toes
1. Some owners have complained that these run narrow, even when purchasing the “wide” versions
Steel Toe & Composite Boots
If you continue to want to take a position during a true steel toe or composite boot, there are many options out there. Below are some of our favorites!
1. Timberland Pro Titan Safety Toe
A true steel toe work boot, the Timberland Pro Titan Safety Toe meets ASTM F2412-11, ASTM F2413-11, and ASTM F2892-11 standards. With its waterproof membrane, this boot helps protect you from blood-borne pathogens. It is also surprisingly lightweight for a steel toe boot.
The heat-resistant, durable rubber sole helps ensure you never slip. The ergonomically designed interior components keep you comfortable all day long. Best yet, the Timberland Pro Titan Safety Toe Boot comes in both men’s and women’s models so you’ll keep your toes safe regardless of who you’re.
1. Waterproof leather keeps you dry regardless of where you are and helps to control odors
2. The Timberland Pro Titan Safety Toe Boot meets ASTM F2412-11, ASTM F2413-11 and ASTM F2892-11 standards
1. Some users have complained about the lining thread wearing thin when wore continuously
2. Thorogood American Heritage Classic Safety Toe Boot
The Thorogood American Heritage Classic Safety Toe is taken into account as a “top of the line” boot. Made of 100% leather, this boot is designed with both protection and comfort in mind.
The removable Ultimate Shock Absorption Footbed cradles your foot with every step while the durable steel toe construction protects you from drops, falls, and dangerous objects.
1. The overall construction offers style, durability, and quality artisanship
2. The Thorogood American Heritage Classic Safety Toe Boot is extremely comfortable according to the majority of wearers
3. Slip-resistant, electrical hazard resistant, and lightweight – these boots are ideal for any working or hobbyist environment
1. The Thorogood American Heritage Classic Safety Toe Boot is not waterproof. (Coating the boot in beeswax, however, can help protect it from all the weather)
2. Unlike almost every other boot on this list, this model is only available in one color
3. Carhartt Rugged Flex Waterproof Work Boot
Carhartt’s Rugged Flex Waterproof Work Boot doesn’t have a steel toe. But it’s a composite toe, which is a suitable industry standard. Lighter in weight than a steel toe, these boots offer durability and are considered an appropriate substitute.
Entirely waterproof, this boot includes a padded tongue and collar as well as a dual-density OrthoLite insole to ensure comfort from top to bottom.
1. With a fully padded interior, the Carhartt Rugged Flex Waterproof Work Boot is extremely comfortable
2. The composite toe makes this boot much lighter than anticipated
3. Completely waterproof, you can rest assured your feet stay dry and comfortable in any environment
1. A composite toe is less sturdy than a true steel toe
Protect Your Feet Without Sacrificing Comfort
Nike might not make steel toe boots, but they certainly make several models employed by industry, military, and hobbyists around the world. These boots are known for his or her tactical durability, also for their stylish appearances.
However, if you’re trying to find a real steel toe or composite toe boot – there are many trusted brands producing them. We named a couple of, but there are certainly more. This includes boots from name brands like Sketchers, Caterpillar, Dr. Martens, and Dickies.
Final Thoughts Does Nike Make Steel Toe Shoes
At the end of the day, it is all about your personal preferences. Comfort, durability, protection, and style are all important features. If you’re trying to find a cushy boot that gives mobility and elegance, the Nike SF Air Force 1 High Boot could also be a winner.
However, if you would like a real steel toe boot that will keep you shielded from bacteria and meets all the standards, the Timberland Pro Titan Safety Toe Boot is an ideal selection.